Waterproblems find their solutions
People are not sufficiently aware of the influence of water on their environment and how they can contribute to water management.
Citizens often have little knowledge about the water quality in their environment and the fluctuations of it. Besides that, it is impossible for water managers to know all the interest of citizens in water quality.
Citizen Science - The Clean Water Experiment
The Clean Water Experiment is a Citizen Science Project. To determine the water quality, 500 citizens have done measurements in the city. They decide for themselves when and where they measure. The measurement are a contribution to the collection of detailed data for water researchers. The measurements are uploaded to a database and shown in an interactive map.
- The 500 participants facilitate the water manager with much more measurements in a shorter period of time than it can execute itself.
- The knowledge among the participant about the condition of the water in their environment is increased.
- Citizens learn more about the science, the water researchers and the water authority.
- The measurements made by the participants contribute to a more complete data set of the water quality in the city.
- Topic Water quality
- Development state 7: System prototype demonstration in an operational environment.
- Setting type Urban area
- Water type Surface water
- Project period 3-12 months
By logging in you can access the contact information of the referer and involved companies.Login