Waterproblems find their solutions
Fossil fuel dependency
There is a strong dependency on fossil fuels.
Fossil fuels are depleting, bad for the environment and contribute to climate change. Most techniques for generating energy from the water flows are only applicable in fast flowing water, which hardly occurs in the Netherlands.
Hydroelectric power from slow-flowing water
The Watermill is an installation capable of generating energy from slow flowing water. It exist of a vertical axis turbine which can be compared to a horizontal impeller. The installation permanently generates sustainable energy from flowing water. Application is possible between groynes in rivers, in tidal currents and in places with forced water currents. The installation in Doesburg consists of two turbines of 250 kW. On an annual basis, it generates enough power to provide five hundred households.
- A constant supply of sustainable energy is created using the stable supply of water.
- The turbines can be dismantled within 24 hours to prevent damage during extreme water levels.
- Topic Water and energy
- Development state 5: Component and/or breadboard validation in relevant environment
- Setting type Coastal area, Rural area, Natural area
- Water type Surface water, Sea water
- Project period 3-12 months
By logging in you can access the contact information of the referer and involved companies.Login