Waterproblems find their solutions
An increased flood hazard because the flood defence does not meet the requirements and/or due to extreme conditions.
When water runs through a dike, small tunnels are created (pipes) that can cause the dike to breach. The dike between Hagestein and Opheusden no longer meets the safety norms. Among other things, the flushing out of sand takes place.
Dike reinforcement Geotextiel
Vertical Sand-tight Geotextile (VSG) is a material through which water can flow, but sand cannot. When applied, it acts like a fllter which counters piping.
- Cheap when compared to traditional counter-measures
- The application creates less nuisance for the surrounding area
- Takes up less space compared to traditional counter-measures
- Independent from the calculation rule (pipes may develop) when compared to traditional solutions such as seepage barriers, so it anticipates stricter future piping regulations
- Topic Water safety
- Development state 7: System prototype demonstration in an operational environment.
- Water type Surface water
- Project period 0-3 months
By logging in you can access the contact information of the referer and involved companies.Login