Waterproblems find their solutions
There is a lack of adequate quantities of water of a sufficient quality.
The lack of water infrastructure is typical for Bonaire. No easy solution can be found in the traditional ways, and the steppe climate influences the agricultural possibilities on the island.
The FreshWaterMill exists out of a desalination device which is powered by a wind turbine. Wind energy is turned into hydraulic high pressure. This pressure powers the desalination devices. This device turns salt, brackish or recycled water into freshwater. This purified water can be used in agriculture. This mode of water purification needs no extra energy, and the operational costs exist only out of maintenance and write-offs.
- No distribution pipes needed
- Low costs of water, varying from €0.21 tot €0.99 per m3 of water (over a write-off period of 15 years)
- Extra energy from wind can be stored and used for the powering of the equipment fo the FreshWaterMill
- 100% sustainable energy generated
- Topic Water and food
- Development state 7: System prototype demonstration in an operational environment.
- Setting type Coastal area
- Water type Sea water
- Project period 3-12 months
By logging in you can access the contact information of the referer and involved companies.Login