Waterproblems find their solutions
Inefficient operation waste water treatment plant
The operations of the WWTP can be more efficient.
Sewage sludge conversion into biogas has been applied for a number of years. However, the conventional mesophilic fermentation can be optimized to achieve a higher yield.
Thermophilic fermentation is a process where fermentation processes are conducted under higher temperatures. As a result, higher conversion rates are achieved, producing more biogas at certain sludge residence times.
- Thermophilic fermentation leads to a better degradation of (organic) dry matter. As a result, more energy can be generated.
- Reduction of sludge processing costs.
- Nitrogen is removed from te sewage sludge.
- The thermophilic fermentation process is easily implemented at existing fermentation installations.
- Topic Water chain
- Development state 6: System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- Setting type Rural area
- Water type Waste water, Effluent
- Project period 1-3 years
By logging in you can access the contact information of the referer and involved companies.Login